Shanghai Government Class A and B
Scholarship Application for International Student
Shanghai Government Scholarship
Class A scholarships are used to finance outstanding foreign students who come to Shanghai for postgraduate education. Class A scholarship recipients, during the postgraduate study period, can obtain full scholarship, including tuition, living expenses and major illness and accident insurance as long as they pass the annual review.
Class B scholarships are used to finance outstanding foreign students who come to Shanghai for academic education. Class B scholarship recipients, during the graduate / undergraduate study period, can obtain tuition fees as long as they pass the annual review.
1. Application Time
Application time is before May 15 ,2017.
2. Applicants Eligibility
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
3. Applicants must have excellent academic performance;
4. Applicants must have no other Chinese government scholarship at the same time.
3. Scholarship Coverage and Standard
Class A scholarship (full scholarship) includes the following:
Free tuition fees, living expenses (monthly scholarships for living expenses, 3000yuan per month for graduate students, 3500yuan per month for doctoral students ), basic accommodation, major diseases and accident insurance.
Class B scholarship recipients: tuition free, major illness and accident insurance.
1. Log in the website: http://www.study-shanghai.org. Fill the Shanghai International Student Scholarship Application Form online. Print the application form and sign it.
2. Prepare all application materials.
3. Choose how to apply
1) On-site registration
a) Submit materials to the Department of Foreign Students of East China University of Political Science and Law. (Room 105, MingJing Building, Songjiang District, Longyuan Road 555)
b) Pay the registration fee by cash or bank card.
2) Mail registration
a) Pay the registration fee through Tele Transfer(T/T) or Payment Transfer.( Be sure to write the student's name in the remarks)
East China University of Political Science and Law
ICBC Shanghai Yuyuan Road branch
Yuyuan Road 1300
b) Please send the application materials (including registration fee and payment voucher) through registered letter or express mail to the Department of Foreign Students of East China University of Political Science and Law (Room 105, MingJing Building, Songjiang District, Longyuan Road 555)
Contact Number: 021-62071907 / 021-62071789 / 021-62071979
PS. Do not carry cash in the submitted application materials.
4. The school will review the application materials after accepting the student's application. Please pay attention to your e-mail and wait for the school's notice. The school will ask you to submit the specified supplementary material if it is necessary. Regardless of admission or not, the above materials are not refundable.
5. The school will organize professional exams and interviews.
6. The school will send you ‘Admission Notice’ ,‘Application Form for Visiting Foreign Students’ (JW202) and ‘Foreigner Physical Examination Record’ if you are enrolled.
7 .Please take the ‘Admission Notice’ , ‘Application Form for Visiting Foreign Students’(JW202) and ‘Foreigner Physical Examination Record’ To the Embassy of the People's Republic of China to apply for the X1 Chinese Visa Application.